Sunday, February 3, 2013

I say goodbye, and I say hello.


No matter how long you have been in a place, goodbyes are always hard. In the last 3 months I have  come to adore these munchkins, and though the goodbye is only for a short time, it is still hard.





On the plus side, this goodbye is not perminant. Before I know it, I will have crazy pictures in of us in Madagascar, instead of France. It will be nice to have pictures without winter coats on...


The thing about goodbyes, is that they always make way for new hellos.



Hello Mr. Chameleon chilling in the avocado tree in the back yard. It's nice to meet you.


There are new sights, new sounds and new smells to take in all around me. This place is so different than anywhere I have ever been. 


There are children playing everywhere. In the streets, in vacant lots, anywhere they can chase each other and get dirty.



I will never understand a child's fascination with mud puddles... but it definitely is an interest that crosses all cultures.



 Oh and tree climbing... I think my brother tried this once on a tree with no branches... he didn't get quite as far...



They even bring their tag along little brothers and sisters out to play. 




It's really beautiful here.





Not just the landscape, but the people as well. 





I am only here in Tana for about a week more. So there are more goodbyes in my near future.




But these pictures and memories will stay with me for the rest of my life. 

1 comment: