Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Bonjour!

 Well friends, I am in France. It's pretty much awesome. It would be way cooler if I didn't continually make a fool of myself by saying Spanish words instead of French ones, but hey, I'm working on it. I have a deal with the little ones: They teach me French, I teach them sign language. It's working quite nicely. My 5 year old teacher says I have a nice French "r" (which coincidentally sounds like a very rude American noise...)



ANYWAY-- The first few days were hard. Leaving my family was not fun but as I went through security I just chose to trust God and He gave me a peace that was like nothing I can explain. It wasn't an "everything is going to work out" peace, or even a "God is with me all the time" peace. It was more like I trust God because He is great. He is taking me to the places he takes me to magnify and glorify His name. That's my purpose and it is my joy. So I had peace.



My attitude faltered a little in the Paris airport. It is seriously the most convoluted airport in the universe and I never want to go back there again. Too bad we go back in three months... I discovered something about myself though. The airport in Lyon wasn't much better. I found my way to the baggage claim, but I needed a Euro to get a cart. Fail. I asked a million people where I could exchange money, and everyone said "I don't speak English!" So my bags were coming off and I was scrambling to get those, one of my wheels broke and I was SOOOO very done. Even in my bad attitude, God was gracious. I asked a lady in an official looking uniform and she gave me a token. I thanked her and went to get a cart. It got stuck. There I am, yanking on the cart, running to get my luggage off the belt, trying to watch my other bags and basically almost in tears. The awesome lady took pity on me once again and helped me get the cart out. I'm certain she is an angel of some sort.



I have never been so happy in my life to see two people and I was to see Marc and Stacy. I almost cried. After they picked me up, we began the drive up to Le Balme de Sillingy. The Niles familt has been so incredibly welcoming! The kids are adorable and I have been having so much fun with them. We started a little bit of schooling today an we went on some walks. France is truly a beautiful place. There will be more pictures to come, but for now I bid you bon nuit!

No comments:

Post a Comment