Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Struggle

DISCLAIMER: I am well aware that not everyone who reads my blog listens to the same music as me. And hey, that's totally okay. I personally think this song is beautiful, both musically and lyrically. However, if you don't like anything with drums in the background, you might just want to skip to what I write afterwards.

The Struggle by Tenth Avenue North


The verses talk about how many ways we screw up, which has been a recurring theme in my life as of late. I am so very sick of my humanity! I am sick of the many ways that I fail God everyday and it is so easy to dwell on that and live in a place for discouragement and frustration. 

But here is the reminder that I love, and needed in this song:

Hallelujah we are free to struggle,
We're not struggling to be free!
You're blood bought and makes us children
Children drop your chains and SING!


Yes, I screw up and I will struggle with my humanity for the rest of my earthly life. But I am free. I need to drop my chains and sing to the one who freed me, instead of still acting like I am in bondage.

Hallelujah, death is overcome and we are breathing.
Hallelujah, our stone hearts become flesh that's beating.
Hallelujah, chains have been undone and we are singing.
Hallelujah, the fire has begun, can you feel it?


Hallelujah! 

3 comments:

  1. Merci pour les paroles édifiantes de ce chant.
    Sooooo True!!!

    This comment to keeps you up with French =^-^=

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merci beaucoup Muriel! Je comprends ce francais et j'amour ce chant!

    ^^ That is supposed to say "Thank you very much Muriel! I understood that french and I love this song!" but I am not sure it does. =)

    ReplyDelete