Wednesday, January 2, 2013

It Is Well

This morning, I awoke with these lyrics in my head.

And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
Even so, it is well with my soul.

I can only imagine it was God giving me an extra measure of grace as I got out of bed, because I surely did not want to get up this morning. 

I often find myself saying, "God I know your timing is perfect, but couldn't you hurry back?" It's good to know I am not the only one anxiously waiting Christ's return. Won't it be a wonderful day when Christ returns, our understanding is complete and we are caught up together with Him? Lord haste the day!

But I am here today. God has given me another day on earth do to his work. Whether I have one more day to do His will or a thousand tomorrows, even so, it is well with my soul.




1 comment: