Friday, January 4, 2013

Light

I love lights at night. I love walking under the stars, and seeing the lights of a city, ESPECIALLY at Christmas time. I mean I love Christmas time already but walking places and seeing things all lit up in the dark night just gets me so excited.

Last night we went walking in Annecy at night, and it was beautiful. I loved walking through the streets and just taking in all the beautiful sights. Everything looks so different at night. So wonderful. I could hardly contain myself. We went up to this church that sits high on a hill overlooking the city and the lake and I am fairly certain I have never seen something so incredibly beautiful in my life. Picture's won't do it justice, but hopefully it will give you a glimpse.








Everything looks so much brighter at night. I don't think you can fully appreciate the brilliance of light until it is surrounded by darkness.

God calls us to be lights in this dark world. It is easy to be "lit up" for Christ when we are surrounded by other bright things, other Christians. But God calls us to be lights in the darkness, which is not as easy. It takes a lot more energy. There in the darkness, His brilliance, His majesty and splendor shines through us and we become like that church high on a hill shining brilliantly, piercing the darkness and pointing heavenward to Christ.

Lord, use me to display your brilliant light in this dark world! Let me be a beacon that points only to you!



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I want to get married there...oh wait....hehehe But seriously, I love how you turn every post into a spiritual reminder <3 great start to the day.

    ReplyDelete